For a kid-friendly lunch with a protein punch, try this lighter version of the midday classic. This recipe makes enough for three sandwiches. You'll need circle- and heartshaped cookie cutters.
· 1 (5-ounce) can tuna
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· ½ teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. Stack two slices of bread and cut out the shapes as shown.
2. Drain the liquid from the tuna. In a bowl, mix together the tuna and all the ingredients except the veggies with a fork.
3. Put a third of the filling in each sandwich, then add the veggies eye and mouth ( pea, a carrot, and a red pepper.)